Monday, June 2, 2008

A cheesy poem: Best Friends

I was once far away, for a mile or two,
And I never thought I could get close to you…
But days did pass and so the moonlight blues,
Now we’re the best of friends, me and you.

Each joyful smile and each painful sorrow
Seems only remembering, that we’ll all soon go…
Each day we shared and each night together
Will leave then, but the memories left… never.

The secrets you hid well, though barricades appeared,
I sometimes was intolerable, still you remained here…
You prepared your shoulder, and said you won’t leave
“Why?” I asked, and you just replied, “I’m a friend.”

Those cheesy words I hear from you
Like “Please my best pal just let me hug you…”
It elates me… my heart… and my soul!
I was once far away, now I’m here right beside you.

No comments: